Richmond Hill Christian Community Church
We exist for the whole person, for the whole world —
Inviting people to know Jesus and BELONG to his family
Helping them GROW and develop in Christ-like maturity
Equipping them to SERVE in the church
And MULTIPLY God’s message to the world
In order to WORSHIP and magnify His name.
We are a church that grows
by committing to fulfilling the Great Commission
by the way of the Great Commandment:
The Great Commandment
Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
Matthew 22:37–40 (NIV)
The Great Commission
‘And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.’
Matthew 28:18–20 (NKJV)
- Founded in 1985 by Rev. Sam Chan as a church for the “unchurched” in the North York area. The first worship service was conducted in Cantonese.
- In 1991, God directed us north to Richmond Hill. We acquired a parcel of land and constructed Phase 1 of our church building .
- As we continued to reach more people in the area, we started English (1992) and Mandarin (1998) ministries.
- In 2001, we began the Young Life Development (YLD) ministry to reach and empower the next generation.
- In 2008, we planted our first church (Barrie).
- In 2008, we completed Phase 3 expansion – which included a new worship sanctuary, 55 classrooms and a hub for gathering. God also impressed on our hearts that we should change the name to “Richmond Hill Christian Community Church” to reflect our desire to reach more people in the city.
- In 2018, our Founding and Senior Pastor retired, Pastors Steven Folts and Ho-Ming Tsui were appointed Lead Pastors.