Love Your Neighbour
We’re socially isolated. We’re working from home. We can’t gather in groups. But there are still plenty of ways to love your neighbours. Here are some ideas to “love your neighbour as yourself”, even at a distance.
Ideas of the week:
Wash Feet News
- We have donated $20,000 to MacKenzie Health, $15,000 to Food Bank, $15,000 to Scarborough Health Network, 15,500 masks to 4 hospitals and a Geriatric Centre within GTA. We will continue to support the different needs of the community through our Benevolence Fund. Please continue to give. And also, remember to do your regular tithe!
- Funds used to support the needs of the community are drawn from the Benevolence Fund. If you would like to help the community during this time of hardship, please give to the Benevolence Fund.
Sew A Mask
We are continuing to make masks, gowns, and surgical caps for the Community. So far we have distributed over 3,200 hand sewn Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to the following:
- Bethany Lodge
- L’Arche Daybreak
- Markham Stouffville Hospital
- Mon Sheong Long Term Care Centre
- Richmond Hill Ecumenical Homes Corp
- St. Michael’s Hospital
- Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
- Tender Care Living Centre
- Toronto Cathay Lions Club
- Toronto Paramedic
- Toronto Public Health Nurses
- Willowdale Manor
- Women’s College Hospital
- Women’s Shelter in Richmond Hill
- Yee Hong Centre for Geriatric Care
- Yellow Brick House
We are recruiting sewers (with experience) and looking for donations of the following:
- New 100% cotton bed sheets
- Elastics, any colour (for masks)
- Thread, any colour
Please go to I Can Help and fill in the form if you can sew or have materials to donate. We will contact you for further details.
Over the past 7 weeks, our church families have created encouragement cards for our Frontline Workers (Medical Health Workers, Supermarket Workers, Restaurant Workers). These cards have been collected and put them together as booklets and posters. They will be delivered to our frontline community along with our hand sewn masks and prayers of blessings.
We would like to support and bless our frontline workers (Medical Health, Supermarket workers, Restaurant workers) by creating encouragement cards for them. We will gather them online, print them, and send it to them. Here’s what you need to do:
- Create Encouragement Cards (individually or as a family). You can include a Bible verse or a short prayer in the card. Be creative.
- Create as many as you wish.
- Cards for Healthcare Workers, please upload file to this link
Cards for Supermarket/ Restaurant workers, please upload file to this link
For Sample Cards, please go to this link
- OR please email encouragement cards to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will collect the cards, print them out, and send them to our Frontline Community along with your blessing!
Collection Day: Friday, May 1st
What is Prayer Walking?
Prayer walking is asking the Holy Spirit to illuminate the needs of your community and its people as you intercede for them. It is praying on site with insight.
Praying for Our Community:
Praying for our community shows that we are loving them as God commands and commissions His people to do. As we increase our awareness of community needs, God prompts our heart to meet them. Imagine what it would look like if every street in our city was prayed for!
How to go on a Prayer Walk:
- Go alone or with your others. (Bear in mind social distancing.)
- Pray audibly in a quiet voice.
- Be observant to what you see as you walk and pray.
- Be open to anything God impresses on your heart as you walk.
- If the Holy Spirit prompts you to stop and meditate, do it safely.
- As alternative to prayer walk, you can do prayer-drive, pray at your backyard, or even prayer-finger-walk (open your google map, go to your street/area, pray for every house as your finger glides through the streets).
Pray for Protection – Begin your prayer walk by proclaiming Psalm 91. Pray for safety and physical health for your neighbours. Pray for emotional, physical and spiritual healing. Pray for fear to be removed from your street as Jesus comforts and give peace to those who live there.
Reveal God’s Love – Pray for divine opportunities to show God’s love and care to those who live, work and play on that street. Ask for creativity to serve your street – even amidst the priority to do social distancing.
Announce the Kingdom – Pray that God would open spiritual doors for you to share the Good News of Jesus Christ. Pray that God’s kingdom would come to your street.
Yield to God & Bless Your Street – Submit everything to God in faith. Pray for God to bless each person, each family, each marriage and each child with God’s peace. Pray that a spirit of hope would replace the sense of hopelessness.
9670 Bayview Ave.
ON L4C 9X9