40 Days of Prayer series
Who Do You Think You’re Talking To?
Your understanding of what God is really like shapes everything else in your life, including how you pray.
"THE LORD IS ALWAYS GOOD. He is always loving and kind, and his faithfulness goes on and on to each succeeding generation."
Psalm 100:5 (LB)
Because God is always good…
- God's plans for my life will always be good!
- You are not an accident. There's a purpose for your life. (Jer. 29:11)
- Prayer reveals and realizes God's purpose, God's plan, and God's blessings for your life. (Ps. 31:19; Rom. 8:28-29; Gen. 50:20; Rom. 5:3)
- God always gives me what I need, not what I deserve!
- God forgives us not because we are good, but because He is good. (Ps. 103:10-12; 51:1-2)
- Prayer begins with the realization that we do not deserve the goodness of God. (Ps. 27:10-13; Heb. 4:15-16)
- God puts my good above his own good!
- The Cross of Jesus Christ is the ultimate picture of God's goodness. (Jn. 10:14-15; 15:3)
- Prayer is made possible through the Cross of Jesus Christ. (2 Cor. 5:21; Rom. 4:25; 8:32)
- God does not say yes to every request!
- God's definition of what's good for us is perfect. (Lk. 11:11-13; Mt. 20:22)
- Prayer is not a pain killer that removes all the pain in my life. (Isa. 55:8-9)
- God invites us to live with him forever!
- God's goodness to you will continue throughout eternity. (2 Thess. 2:16-17)
- Prayer is powerless, passionless, and pointless until you are convinced that God is always good. (Ps. 23:6)