40 Days of Prayer series
When God Says “No”
"Why is my prayer request denied? Why do some people get miracles and others don't? Why do some people get relief from their pain and others don't? Why does God sometimes say yes and sometimes no?"
You probably have asked one of these questions at some point in your life. So what should we do when God says no to our prayer request?
- Appreciate three Reasons!
- God says no because He has a Bigger Perspective. (Heb. 4:13; Prov. 2:8)
- God says no because He has a Better Plan. (Isa. 55:8-9; Heb. 11:39-40)
- God says no because He has a Greater Purpose. (Ps. 57:2; I Pet. 1:7; II Cor. 4:17-18)
- Accept three Realities!
- Some Puzzles in life will never be solved until we get to heaven.
- Some Problems in life will never be changed until we get to heaven.
- Some Pains in life will never be removed until we get to heaven.
- Apply three Responses!
- Trust in God's goodness and love. (Ps. 25:10; Rom. 8:28-29)
- Submit to God's will and wisdom. (Mk. 14:35-36)
- Receive God's grace and power. (II Cor. 12:8-10; Ps. 9:10)