Simplify Your Priorities
“Life is simplified and unified around the person of Christ.”
(Warren W. Wiersbe)
While Simplify Your Purpose has the “end in mind,” Simplify Your Priorities has “today in mind.” The grand pursuit of the purpose in life is common to all believers. The daily fulfillment of priorities is unique to each believer.
It is easy to list and achieve our priorities when we know what we value most. But it is more difficult to carry them out in a way that brings us peace and rest. Jesus shows us how in Matthew 11:28-30.
- “Come to Me”
- An invitation to turn to and trust in Jesus.
- The promised result is peace with God (cf. Romans 5:1).
- “Take My yoke”
- An invitation to give up and give in to Jesus.
- The promised task is easy and light (cf. I John 5:3).
- “Learn from Me”
- An invitation to observe and imitate Jesus.
- The promised experience is peace of God (cf. Philippians 4:6-9).