Simplify Our Purpose
“The chief end of man is to glorify God and enjoy him forever.”
(Westminster Shorter Catechism)
To simplify life, our lives must be focused on one purpose, one passion, and one point: that Christ be exalted in us in life and in death (Philippians 1:20-21). Paul presents three steps to accomplish this purpose.
- Gain Christ
“…that I may gain Christ and be found in him…” (Philippians 3:8-9)
- Make sure you have a relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Live a redeemed life, not a religious life.
- Know Christ
“…that I may know him…” (Philippians 3:10)
- Make sure your relationship with Christ is growing towards intimacy.
- Live an intimate life, not an intense life.
- Like Christ
“…that I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.” (Philippians 3:11)
- Make sure your intimate relationship with Christ changes you totally.
- Live an exchanged life, not an empty life.