Installation Service Sharing: Two Most Helpful Guidelines For Ministry
Instead of focusing on results & goals, concentrate on what you can first control: Yourself & Your teaching
I. Watch Your Life Closely
“Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity … Be diligent in these matters; give yourself wholly to them, so that everyone may see your progress.” (1 Timothy 4:12, 15)
1. What do I want People to SEE? A growing pastor
2. What do I want People to KNOW? A godly disciplined pastor
3. What do I want People to FEEL? A servant at work
4. What do I want People to DO? An example to follow as I follow Christ
II. Watch Your Teaching Closely
“Until I come, devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, to preaching and to teaching. Do not neglect your gift, which was given you through prophecy when the body of elders laid their hands on you.” (1 Timothy 4:13-14)
1. Do you care for my spiritual growth?
2. Can you teach me to grow & mature?
3. Can I trust you?
III. Watch Doing These Two Things with Perseverance
“Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers.” (1 Timothy 4:16)
* Fully dependent & obedient to the will of God & wholly devoted & observant to the needs of the congregation.