40 Days of Prayer series
Developing a Conversational Relationship with God
Introduction: What exactly is Prayer?
What is “Praying in the Spirit”?
Pastor Rick Warren – Praying throughout the Day
- Get up with Gratitude
- Bless God’s name at Breakfast
- At midmorning, remember what matters most
- List my needs at lunch
- I ask for forgiveness in the afternoon
- Ask God to help me make wise decisions
- I end my day with encouraging truth
Jesus modeled to us how to pray continually:
Keep a running conversation with God throughout the day.
How did Jesus Pray throughout the Day?
- Jesus Prayed for others
- Jesus Prayed with others (using other people’s prayers)
- Jesus Prayed alone
- Jesus Prayed in nature
- Jesus Prayed in “Overtime"
- Jesus Prayed with emotion
- Jesus Prayed persistently
- Jesus Prayed in submission, knowing His prayer would not be answered as expected