Because of the pandemic, Richmond Hill Food Bank is in desperate need of food donations. According to the Daily Bread Food Bank Research, the rate of new clients accessing food banks has tripled since the pandemic began. Among new clients, 76% report that they began accessing food banks as a result of COVID-19 and the associated economic downturn. About one in four respondents reported not eating for an entire day because they did not have enough money for food. As CERB payments end in September, we expect the situation to worsen. Please click HERE for the Food Bank Covid 19 Research Report.
How can we participate?
- Each family to contribute 10-15 lbs. of canned food
- Put the canned food in a box with lid
- Drop off Date: Oct. 17 and Oct. 31 (Sat.), 10am to 3pm
- Drop off location: Church Gym at 9670 Bayview Ave. (Gym entrance at Bayview and Weldrick)
What to do now?
Prior to your visit, we ask you to register and fill in the following pledge form.
List of urgently needed food items:
- STOVE TOP STUFFING/CRANBERRY SAUCE
- PEANUT BUTTER / JAM
- CANNED MEAT, SALMON AND TUNA
- CANNED TOMOTOES, CANNED STEW
- CANNED VEGETABLES
- INSTANT COFFEE
- KRAFT DINNER
- HYGIENE PRODUCTS: Soap, Shampoo, Conditioner, Shave Cream, Tooth Paste, Sanitary Products/Pads for women
Use a shoe box with lid
On behalf of the Richmond Hill Community Food Bank clients, and volunteers we would like to thank you for participating in a food drive.
The Richmond Hill Community Food Bank was founded in 1986. To provide temporary emergency food assistance to individuals and families in need. We are the only registered food bank serving in Richmond Hill and the Thornhill area. Your generous donation helps allow us to continue to provide this service.
9670 Bayview Ave.
ON L4C 9X9