Effective March 14th, 2020
In light of the rapidly developing situation around COVID-19, we realize that there is a lot of fear and uncertainty as we navigate the constantly changing stream of news and updates. This has led us, with information and recommendations provided by Ontario’s Chief Medical Office of Health to consider a number of proactive measures. We want to be wise, caring, responsible, and compassionate during this uncertain time.
To our knowledge to date, there is no reported Covid-19 case in our church. The reason to alter our practices, especially the way we gather, is implemented out of love and care for our congregation and for the well being of our Community. These are responsible actions as leaders of the church and as Canadian citizens.
Weekend Worship Services:
- Beginning from Saturday, March 14th, the church building will be closed to public.
- We will move our Worship services online until further notice.
- Effective from this Sunday March 15th, online services will go livestream from the following times:
8:45 AM: Cantonese
11:00 AM: English
2:00 PM: Mandarin
- There will be no Saturday online services. Please participate online on Sunday.
- Children/Youth Sunday worship services will be suspended until further notice. We encourage our families to worship online together with your children and youth.
- All church plants and site campus (DTM) will join our services online.
- Please check our website for more announcement regarding online services thereafter. They will be available through RHCCC website and RHCCC app.
Other Events, Small Groups:
- Effective Saturday March 14th, all events held on church campus (including 9711 Bayview) will be suspended until further notice.
- Prayer meeting will continue online. In fact, we are increasing our prayer meetings to once a week starting next week at 7:30pm:
- During this challenging time, it is important for God’s people to gather in a small group to support and encourage one another. Exercise caution. Seek creative ways to meet (e.g. online platform). Learn to worship, pray for yourselves, the church, and the world. Continue with your Bible studies. Connect with your pastors and fellowship leaders.
Giving is part of worship, you can continue to support and fuel our ministry by giving online. For more information, please go to https://rhccc.ca/en/giving. Thank you for being a good steward and cheerful giver.
While we are making these changes and taking precautionary measures, we are not shutting down our mission or compromising our purpose and vision. We are simply using different ways to express ourselves as the church.
We understand that many people are taking steps, sometimes extreme ones, to protect themselves and their families, often out of anxiety, and this will likely increase in the coming days. This is not a Christian posture. Scripture tells us “For God has not given us a spirit of fear but of power and of love and of a sound mind.” (2 Tim. 1:7) We do not change our behaviour out of fear. Instead, as a counter-gesture against fear, we love – “There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear…” (1 John 4:18).
As we remain firmly grounded in the truth and fix our attention on Jesus. We make decisions out of LOVE. We follow Jesus’ example to love our neighbours and to care for those around us who may be more vulnerable.
In times like these, RHCCC will Wash Hands & Wash Feet. We will wash hands as we take precautionary measures out of love, we will wash feet as we serve our community out of love (especially those who are vulnerable and in need). RHCCC is called to be the light, the city on the hill (Matt. 5:14) – we want to be a church that is always moving forward and sharing the hope of Jesus in every context. We will exercise our God-given resources to continue to impact our City at all times. We will share more about this next week. Watch for our next announcement.
We pray for God’s provision and guidance during this situation. We pray for the health and safety of our church, our cities, our neighbours, and our world. And we continue to pray for Spirit-led courage and creativity as we ask God to use us to serve and love people well.
March 13th, 2020